Saturday, September 06, 2008

This and That

I thought I would take a drive to see what Letchworth-Love Mounds State Park had to offer. I'm afraid I was monumentally underwhelmed, although I'm sure there would be those who would appreciate it.

I continued east on Hwy 90. This would take me over the tip of Lake Miccosukee, offering a possible photo opportunity to make up for the lack thereof at the state park. When I got there, this woman was fishing from the walkway that is over the run-off area.



The water was rushing over the short retaining wall and under the highway bridge.



Before I left, I took a photo looking toward the lake. In normal water-level times, there is only a very narrow passage leading from the nearby boat ramp to the lake itself.



After that I decided to explore a photo opportunity that I discovered many years ago, before I was taking many pictures. I used to travel a dirt road to get to a friend's house, and every time I came to this one section where the trees form a canopy overhead, I would think that would make a nice photo. I decided to finally go take that picture.



On my way home, I passed a guy baling hay in a field so pulled over and took a few photos of him as well.



(I just can't resist those big skies when they are so blue and white!)

1 comment:

who wouda thunk it?? said...

just wanted to stop and say hello, and to let you know that your work is SO appreciated, (by me anyway)
And to thank you for such lovely eye-candy. I usually have one of your shots on my desktop wallpaper w, so keep up the good work ( I have the trees right now)