Friday, January 04, 2008

Lake Frances, Madison, Florida

Last time I went to Lake Frances (which is kind of more a large pond than a lake), I got such good bird photos I posted them on my paddling blog. I went back today and took about 60 photos, out of which I got one that I liked (so it goes; and the sun was low and bright and the birds were in the wrong place) (well, for photos....I'm sure it was the right place for them...)

Anyway, as before, there were wood storks and egrets and ibis and great blue herons there. The one photo I liked was this one of a great blue heron near the shoreline.

3 comments:

Silbs said...

Lovely image, great perspective.

Sandpiper said...

This is beautiful. I love the composition.

Mary said...

The tall grasses make a normally tall bird seem short....nice image!