Thursday, October 25, 2007

Kite Surfer in the Gulf

I just got back from a camping trip to St. Andrews SP in Panama City, Florida. It pretty much rained the whole time, but surprisingly, when I went to check out the Gulf in between drizzles, I found that there were many kite surfers out there. Some of these guys were being lifted VERY high up by the kites and they weren't that far from shore...seems like a risky sport but probably fun when it goes right.

So I got some photos of one guy (totally random, he was one of the ones closest to where I was standing) as he was lifted off the water. It wasn't until I got home and looked at them that I noticed that he was having a problem with his right foot having come out of the footholder thingie (can you tell I don't do this sport?) and for the entire time he was up, he seems to be mostly just working at getting it back in, which would be no small feat (no pun intended).

Therefore, the photos had a common thread running through them and so instead of just posting a few of them, I put them all together in a slide show. This is very much not my forte and I only have very rinky Windows software to do it. I didn't even add music. (It's not all that long, only 9 photos.)

Camping info and bird photos will be posted on the other blogs (Paddle Tales and Camping Tent Tales) tomorrow when I am a tad more awake and alert.

So here is our kite surfer with the wandering foot:

2 comments:

Kimberlee said...

Hey! That slideshow is really neat! It didn't look the least bit "rinky." :) I'm glad you were able to get out and weren't overtaken by insects. Welcome home.

Stacie said...

Wow...I don't think I'd ever be brave enough to try that sport, and sheesh, all I thought you had to worry about was being swept too far out to sea or sharks, now I'd have to worry about losing my board too? No thanks! You got some fabulous pictures though, I'd love to watch them in action.
Stacie