Friday, October 19, 2007

Flowers in the Yard

We are having too much rain to go paddling these days so I am using the camera elsewhere. A few days ago I pointed it here and there in our yard.

We planted some October daisies earlier this year for the first time and we are loving them! A nice addition to the garden on the side of the house. We have heard that they will spread, which is just fine with us!



Here's a closer view of one of them:



Meanwhile, on the other side of the house we have some husk cherries growing for the first time. So far so good; we are curious about what they taste like and eagerly await their ripening.



Someone gave us some seeds for a variety of mums, which we set in the ground. They are blooming now and are very pretty. They are a bit tall for where they are and so we plan to move them after they are done blooming.



It's pouring rain outside as I write this, which can only help all of the above plants, even if it keeps me stuck inside...

3 comments:

SophieMae said...

I'm so glad I thought to check your other blogs. I was wondering why you hadn't been paddling. Anyhow, I just had to tell you... oh, you're gonna hate me... I made a quick run down Bottoms Road this AM, juat about 2 hours before high tide. There, amongst the wood storks, were SEVEN roseate spoonbills! And close enough for some fairly decent shots. I'll have to post those later this evening, as someone is waiting for me right now. I also took a quick shot of the kayak launch, such as it is, at the welcome center.

Love, love LOVE your candle shots! And your flowers are really lovely. Never tried husk cherries,... be interested in hearing how they are. Later... my sidekick's patience is wearinhg thin. 8-}

Kimberlee said...

I've never heard of husk cherries. Is this something that just popped up in your yard or did you plant them? You'll have to let me know what they're like!

Miss Trashahassee said...

The top pic would be a pretty print in a frame. (Actually, all of these would be nice framed.) Love your pics!

BFF,
Miss T